Blog Archive

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ex Novo GRAND OPENING!

First blog post. 
Grand opening of Ex Novo Brewing! Seems fitting. Beginning from Scratch. 
How exciting!
Ex Novo is the first, one and only, NON-PROFIT brewery to erect nationwide. 
Kudos to genius, compassionate, forward thinking folks. Portland is home to many breweries, but this my friends, is one of a kind.  
Gal pal, lady meet-up was the agenda. 
Miss Jodi, the inaugural LOLA She-Brew competition champion, and the lovely lady Cathy, was the plan.

Traffic was a nightmare. 
By the time I arrived the joint was packed. A good sign for Ex Novo indeed!
As I meandered back through the crowd to where Jodi was waiting, by the brewing equipment (but of course), I immediately concluded this shanty had great energy.  
Wow, the equipment was gorgeous. Shiny, fancy, aesthetically pleasing.
The live music playing up above set the mood. Rockin'. 
The heat permeated the building. We all resembled a hot mess, holding it together. For the sake of good beer, a great facility, and female comrade. Cheers!
My first beer was their Scottish Red. The Red was good. Subtle hints of hop, smooth finish. Malt charm.  
My second up was their IPA. Great Hop flavor. Opened up nicely, with a fun kick.
Lastly, I dabbled in their Saison. Murky, light, fragrant. Summer is here! 
My fave of the 3. 

The ambiance of the joint was earthy, yet invigorating. Exposed beams, wood walls, nooks and crannies where folks could hang, industrial cable rails, yet touches of modern thought throughout, with bold lighting fixtures, robot murals, and giant sized letters reminding you to always find celebration, CHEERS!
The bar slab was created from a beautiful tree. A classy touch.  
Bottom line. I liked Ex-Novo. I'll be back, everything added up in their favor. The nonprofit bonus, is an underlining reinforcement. They put their money where their mouth is. 
That's rad!!!
Until the next episode. 
-Brewlass

No comments:

Post a Comment